Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Smite won't reinstall

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Thread Locked

This thread has been locked by the moderators, you cannot reply to it.

Forum » General Discussion » Smite won't reinstall 16 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by jsc288 » August 12, 2013 10:06pm | Report
So i had to uninstall Smite from my computer because my computer was getting slowed down because i had alot of useless downloads on it. So i fixed the speed problem and everything and now i want to play Smite again and i download the Install Hi Rez games thing so i could download Smite again. The Install Wizard says Smite is still installed on my computer and asks if i want to reinstall it, i click yes, then i search all over my computer and nothing new is installed on my computer. It keeps saying that Smite is on my computer but its not and i am really confused. Can someone help me figure out what's wrong so i can play Smite?

Please and thank you, Joseph

jsc288

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Karmashock » August 12, 2013 11:30pm | Report
the hirez registry entries are still in there.

First, try going to the control panel and do a proper uninstall. THis issue happens a lot when you just delete the installation directory. If you did this already then read on.

Be warned.. you can screw your computer up by doing this...

1. Create a restore point. The restore point will backup your registry. If you damage your registry then we can recover your system by restoring the restore point.
2. Launch regedit: Start, Run, Regedit
3. Search/Find HiRez
4. Delete all entries that include "hirez"
5. Run reinstallation program again and install to a folder that does not include a copy of smite.

It should work. I've had to do this with smite at least once already. Its a pain in the ***. But is somewhat common with bad installation programs. They get overly concerned by what the registry says never mind that they don't make that clear or provide any means to correct the situation.

Karmashock

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by jsc288 » August 13, 2013 12:05am | Report
Thank you so much! needless to say it worked. :) thank you for telling me how to do this, i never even knew you could do this! Again thank you for the help :)

jsc288

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by tomtenizzen98 » September 20, 2013 6:11am | Report
Where do I find regedit? Can't find it on my computer..

tomtenizzen98

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Piederman » September 20, 2013 6:34am | Report

Where do I find regedit? Can't find it on my computer..

If you have the search bar on your start button, use that and type "regedit" and it should appear a program called "regedit.exe". If you don't, type "run" and open it, then type "regedit.exe" in there to launch it.

If you can't do either of these, you will have to go to your windows folder (usually C:\Windows) and look for the program.

Piederman

Prominent (39)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Talenhiem » September 20, 2013 10:04am | Report
thread is ded

hey, look at me, I'm a poet! XD

Talenhiem

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Piederman » September 20, 2013 10:14am | Report
Talenhiem wrote:

thread is ded

hey, look at me, I'm a poet! XD

If it remains unclear for someone on what to do to solve a problem that they are having, then they should definitely necro on a thread with that topic instead of making a new one to keep up tips that had been given by some people already, and prevent the helpers from going over the same problem twice or more. :p

Piederman

Prominent (39)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by karakken » November 3, 2013 11:16am | Report
I have windows vista and I also uninstalled a while ago... I want to play again but the same thing happens to me even though i believe i deleted all of the hirez things from the registry

karakken

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kainxjm » December 20, 2013 7:26am | Report
It didn't work for me i tried ur steps

Kainxjm

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by LaRock77 » September 6, 2014 1:52pm | Report
I have the same issue, but when I delete all of the files and follow all of the instructions it still doesn't work, Someone HELP me please!

~Thank's LaRock!

LaRock77

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }