Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

SMITE Oceanic Servers Now Live

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » News » SMITE Oceanic Servers Now Live 4 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » October 27, 2014 5:09pm | Report
SMITE Oceanic Servers Now Live

Hi-Rez Studios attending PAX Australia with Exclusive Sydney Shredder He-Bo Skins

ATLANTA, OCTOBER 27, 2014.

Hi-Rez Studios, developer of free-to-play SMITE, the mythology-themed third-person action game played by over 5 million people, today announced that Oceanic servers are now live.

By offering game servers hosted in Australia, players in Australia and New Zealand will enjoy a smoother gameplay experience when choosing the Australia region for matchmaking or custom matches. Existing SMITE players in the region preserve all god unlocks, experience, and cosmetics they have already accumulated. And players from Australia and New Zealand can still optionally choose to play with friends on American and European servers as they wish.

"As SMITE grows, we continue to expand servers into key regions so that we can provide the best service and performance for our international players" said Todd Harris, Chief Operating Officer of Hi-Rez Studios. "The Australian community has always been very vocal and supportive, and we are excited to improve the game experience for the community in this region".

To celebrate the server launch, Hi-Rez Studios co-founder and COO Todd Harris and eSports Caster Drybear are visiting Australia for a week long tour that culminates in Melbourne for PAX Australia on October 31 - November 2.

Todd Harris will present the topic "Designing Smite and Cracking the MOBA market" at PAX Aus in the Main Theatre on Friday Oct 31st at 4:30pm.
And all attendees of PAX Australia are eligible to receive the exclusive "Sydney Shredder" skin for the god He Bo.

About SMITE
SMITE is the online Battleground of the Gods, a mythology-themed action game for the PC and, soon, XBox One. Since launching in Europe and North America in March, 2014, the game has quickly established itself as one of the Top 3 games in the rapidly growing MOBA genre, with over 5 million players. Offering a third-person camera and more game modes than any other leading game in its genre, the game provides a unique, action-packed experience that puts the player in the thick of the action.

About Hi-Rez Studios
Atlanta-based Hi-Rez Studios was established in 2005 to create exceptional online interactive entertainment, and is now one of the largest video game studios in the Southeast United States. Its games include the squad-based shooter Global Agenda, the critically acclaimed Tribes: Ascend, and SMITE, the Battleground of the Gods.

For more information, visit www.hirezstudios.com or contact [email protected].

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HammaSmite » October 27, 2014 6:13pm | Report
OH HELL YESSSSSSSSSS
random thanatos main has appeared
    Attack
    Kill Secure
    Run
    Catch

HammaSmite

Remarkable (7)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » October 28, 2014 5:12am | Report
I'm going to Pax Aus :D
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FerrumSlash » October 28, 2014 5:47am | Report
HiFromBuddha wrote:

I'm going to Pax Aus :D

Swell! Have a great time! Umm.. do you mind getting me a code for Sydney Shredder? ;)

I'll definitely play smite on the Oceania server. Tired of getting 290 ping and entering games at the 1-minute mark when i play in NA.

FerrumSlash
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (70)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }