Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Hi-Rez Studios releases SMITE in North America and Europe

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » News » Hi-Rez Studios releases SMITE in North America and Europe 27 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Mowen » March 25, 2014 12:04pm | Report
Hi-Rez Studios releases SMITE in North America and Europe
by Hirez Maria | Mar 25, 2014

Cinematic Teaser released, $200,000 Launch Tournament upcoming.

ATLANTA. March 25, 2014. Hi-Rez Studios, a leading developer of free-to-play online action games, has today officially released their MOBA SMITE in North America and Europe. The free-to-play, mythology-themed game has accrued over 3 million registered players during its extended Open Beta phase. A cinematic teaser for SMITE has been released to coincide with the launch. The game also includes localized versions in French, Spanish and German.
Watch the cinematic trailer here:

Hi-Rez is celebrating the launch with a $200,000 Launch Tournament that will take place Friday, March 28 through Sunday, March 30, 2014, in Atlanta, Georgia in front of a live audience. Half of the $200,000 prize pool is community contributed, based on sales of exclusive in-game merchandise. The Launch Tournament includes the top four teams in Europe and the top four in North America that have qualified from the SMITE Weekly Tournament Series that began on January 4, 2014. The event will be live-streamed worldwide via twitch.tv/smitegame.

SMITE is the online battleground of the gods. Players choose from a diverse cast of deities and use their unique powers to triumph over the opposition in player-vs-player matches. SMITE is a new take on the MOBA genre; rather than observing the action from above, a third person perspective puts players into the thick of combat. Instead of clicking the mouse to move, players use the familiar WASD keys to move and fight their way through SMITE's dynamic battlegrounds.
Further information on SMITE tournaments can be found on esports.smitegame.com.

More on the Beta:

For more information, and to play SMITE for free, go to www.SMITEgame.com. Tutorials, game play videos, and more community content can also be found at www.youtube.com/smitegame.

About Hi-Rez Studios

Hi-Rez Studios was established in 2005 to create exceptional online interactive entertainment. In 2010 the company released their first title, the squad-based shooter MMO Global Agenda. The company released the critically acclaimed Tribes: Ascend in 2012, and today released the action 3D MOBA game SMITE, the Battleground of the Gods.

For more information, visit www.hirezstudios.com or contact [email protected].

Mowen
<Production Coordinator>

Distinguished (57)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Mowen » March 25, 2014 12:06pm | Report
The teaser trailer is pretty sweet, they're all so pretty (especially Neith)! Showcase 2 Norse gods though, OP!

Mowen
<Production Coordinator>

Distinguished (57)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » March 25, 2014 12:10pm | Report
Hahahahahaha that Agni player stat made me really laugh
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » March 25, 2014 12:12pm | Report
I thought Thor looked a little silly, but maybe that's just me. But the trailer was pretty cool, regardless.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » March 25, 2014 12:22pm | Report
"constructive suggestions to teammates."

Yeah... :P

Anyhow, Nordic gods are the best, after all. It's just an unavoidable fact. ~.^

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dark Jaw » March 25, 2014 12:44pm | Report

Anyhow, Nordic gods are the best, after all. It's just an unavoidable fact. ~.^

AHgshdgasfas, not again, Turnip. Not again.

At least, Neith represented the best pantheon in the video. Plus they FINALLY revealed Fenrir, awesome eh?

Dark Jaw

Prominent (44)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » March 25, 2014 12:52pm | Report
It is creepy that you got my exact initials in the first three letters of that keyboardmash. O.o

Anyhow, does this mean the Fenrir joke will finally disappear? lol

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » March 25, 2014 12:57pm | Report
yay hirez did it... can they now give us better matchmaking.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dark Jaw » March 25, 2014 1:02pm | Report

It is creepy that you got my exact initials in the first three letters of that keyboardmash. O.o

Anyhow, does this mean the Fenrir joke will finally disappear? lol

... I bet it is. I mean, for both things. It is creepy and I guess the joke is over, I hope.

Dark Jaw

Prominent (44)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » March 25, 2014 1:05pm | Report
Aww, don't go being negative on Smite's launch day, All4Apples. :(

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }